Monday, November 26, 2012

Where we are...

Ok, first things first... I have not forgotten about the rest of the story.  Sorry I have left you hanging on "But God..." I have attempted several times to write the blog sharing the rest of the story, but it has been a little hard to sum it up.  I talked to Ryan tonight and we both agree that it is important to finish the story, but more importantly that we write it together.  SO we are going to do just that... Promise, it is coming soon.

In the meantime, I just wanted to take a moment to update you on where we are with our sweet Ava and Zoey's process.  Alot has happened in the past few weeks.  W received our Adoption Deed at the beginning of November, followed by their birth certificates and our I600 was submitted to the USCIS for approval.  We don't have a set date to bring the girls home, but we have made a plan for the remaining time prior to the girls coming home.

This past weekend the boys and I took a trip to Gatlinburg, TN to soak up some mother/son time.  It was a real treat and we all had so much fun!  We are excited to bring Ava and Zoey home, but it was necessary to spend some time building into Taylor, Kole and Riley before the big transition.  We also celebrated Riley's ninth birthday riding roller coasters at Dollywood.  SO.MUCH.FUN!

On December 15th we will drive to Florida to spend some time with family for the holidays.  Then we will trek to NH, where we will stay until I fly out to the DRC to pick up the girls.  My in-laws will be driving the boys home while the girls and I are making our way home.  Ryan will also be flying home for the grand reunion.  I am so excited that we will be able to bring our girls into our house hand in hand, though it will break my heart into a million pieces to have to let him go again for a few more months!

Between now and then I have more paperwork to get done, and a TON of packing to do.  Please pray for our family over the next months as you have been over the past several months.  We covet your prayers!!!

Tomorrow we will return to homeschooling and begin the crazy packing for FL weather, NH weather... And the DRC!

I am certain that posts will become more regular now that we have so much going on... As if the holidays don't bring enough excitement on their own... Haha!

1 comment: