Saturday, October 27, 2012

Dear Ava and Zoey...

Dearest Ava Joy and Zoey Grace,

I have so many hopes and dreams for you my precious little girls.  But even more I pray that you will come to know that Jesus has so many more.  I have such a deep longing for you to be here with me, but I pray that you will know that Jesus longs even more for you to abide in Him.  I have so many fears, but I pray that together we will learn that Jesus' perfect love casts out fear.  My heart breaks for the pain that you have experience, but I pray that you will come to know Jesus as the one who heals all of your hurts.  I long for you to be able to be little girls, but I pray that one day you will learn that even a child is known by the things that she does.  I pray that you will be smart, and love learning, but more I pray that you will learn that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of all wisdom.  I pray that you will become women of vision, but that in that you will learn to desire God's vision for your life, and that you will learn to submit your desires to Him, and discover the blessing and beauty in a life abandoned to Him.  I pray that you will be strong, but that you will know that your strength comes from Him, and Him alone.  I pray that you will sing, and sing loudly because He inhabits the praises of His people.  I pray that you will be free, but that you will choose to become a servant, just as Christ humbled Himself and became a servant.  I pray that when you look in the mirror, that you will see beauty within, that you will see the woman that God created you to be and that you will embrace every detail of who He made you to be.  

You are coming home to America.  You will be given so much.  You don't know it yet, but you have SO many clothes, and shoes, and toys.  These things will never satisfy.  I pray that you will one day understand that it was not to give you all of these things that we came for you, but it was because God chose us and in doing that He chose you!  He chose you for us!  He chose you and us for a specific purpose... we will journey down this road together to discover that purpose.

Sweet girls, I promise you that I will fail you.  I promise you that I will make mistakes.  Not because I want to fail you or hurt you but because I am still learning each and every day how to love like Jesus, and how to walk in His ways.  I pray that you will learn that Jesus will never fail you... and that He never makes mistakes.  I pray that together we will discover more and more each day how deep His love is for us, and that because of that we will love each other deeply, and grow together, all seven of us, in His grace.

There will be hard times, there will be storms, and there will be trials... I know this because God tells us these things are true... but He promises that He will carry us through them if we will only trust Him.  He tells us that even in hard times that we can have JOY... not a fake-it-til-you-make-it kind of joy, but a deep and satisfying joy because we are assured that He makes all things beautiful in His time.

It will take time for you to come to know all of these things, but even tonight I pray that He is embracing you tightly, holding you in His strong arms, singing over you, and speaking to your hearts.  I pray that tonight you sense His presence all around you... I pray that He is making Himself known to you, to those very secret places of your hearts!!!

Girls, I LOVE YOU!!!  I am overwhelmed that God has chosen me to be your mommy.  There truly is no greater gift that He has ever given me than to be a momma, to be YOUR momma!!!

There are so many more things that I want to tell you... and I will...

~Love,
momma


1 comment: